Develop Your Intuition
Even if you don’t think you have an intuitive bone in your body, you are actually highly aware.
You’ve just been told all your life that the way to do things is modular. Square. Check the box. Not outside it. Connect the dots.
All tests were A, B, C, or D. That is not creative thinking.
Intuition lies in the creative realm, which U.S. standard public education has been stripped of, down to the bone.
Here is the definition of intuition from Webster’s 1928 dictionary:
INTUI”TION, n. [L. intuitus, intueor; in and tueor.]
A looking on; a sight or view; but restricted to mental view or perception. Particularly and appropriately, the act by which the mind perceives the agreement or disagreement of two ideas, or the truth of things, immediately, or the moment they are presented, without the intervention of other ideas, or without reasoning and deduction.
We know by intuition, that a part is less than the whole.
How To Develop Your Intuition
So, you see, sitting in a desk, listening to a passionless, system upholding teacher is counter-intuitive. In order to erase mind-numbing programming and get in touch with your intuition, you can start with the following guidelines:
- Listen to some music and sing at the top of your lungs. Turn it Up LOUD. Smile and Forget what the neighbors think for 3 minutes. You owe it to yourself to shine like you may die tomorrow anyways. I know, start with the potentially hardest one first. Than the rest are a piece of cake.
- Get up with the sunrise. Go outside and watch and listen during this time. Or take time out during the sunset. Here is a calendar for when the sunrise and sunset occurs.
- Go to the water. Spend time near an ocean, river, lake, pond, or waterfall. I especially take time to soak in a natural hot springs. At least soak in your tub. At Bruce Lee says, “Be Like Water.”
- Do something active and fun with your children every day. Go down the slide, skate indoors, jump on the trampoline, do the funky chicken dance, hang upside down on the monkey bars, and dress up and play pretend. If you don’t have children, that’s ok. Do this anyways.
- De-stress. A locked up mind and body is not conducive to sensing and perceiving. Get a massage. Take a deep breath. And another one. And another one. If you really would like dynamic change, schedule an Access Bars session with me. POTENT BE THAT ONE! I wouldn’t touch that if I were you…unless you want explosive results that will have you smiling so big people will ask what drugs you’re on. And people will think you have happiness-itis.
- If you want to follow an intuition development program, go for it. Collette Baron Reid of Hay House is well known. A local intuition instructor may work as well.
- Start to recognize whenever you are about to chose or do something if it makes you feel light or heavy. For example, I’ve seen my daughter’s school musical once. I could go again and see a different cast. I could also work on developing my WordPress site and my blog. Faced with this choice, I asked myself, “which one is lighter?” Working on this post was lighter for me, so that is true for me.
These are all just guidelines. You are the true authority for your life, and listen to what YOU require to be happy. Happy Intuiting!